Sugan's Second Project - BCD Adder

Sugan Pandurengan - Student of B.E Mechatronics (Batch 2017-2021) already done a mini project on Motion switch. Its his second project, as I already mentioned he is meant for hard work and perfection. He shared his experience of his second project with us.


"We all know that the most complex language in this world is binary language. As a student I have a great interest in this complexity. I am Sugan Pandurengan currently pursuing mechatronics engineering. My mentor is Mr. Yasodharan in digital electronics . He gave everyone a mini project as a part of project based learning. All the students started doing some basic projects. But I made up my mind to do something different. 




I initially started with a full adder but it seemed way too ordinary. The interest in electronics pushed me to do more that's where I got a spark of building a BCD adder.But even still my mind didn't calm. So I added a seven segment display concept for the inputs as well as the outputs.

I started to build the circuits in the printed circuit board. IC 7483 is used for a BCD adder. But in English we have a saying ' Be the original version not a pirated one'. So I started to build the BCD adder using basic gates. I bought all the requirements for the project, the connections are simple but the soldering is too difficult for me, So I got some little help from my friends. I made some coverings to safe gaurd the solderings. It took me only two days to give the connections but it took me nearly a month for it's successful completion.

The BCD adder is a combination of two full adders . It is used to add binary digits which results more than a single digit decimal digit.It works in the principle of carry look ahead adder.

I would like to thank my mentor Mr.R.Yasodharan for supporting and guiding me and also my friends Gokul Raj S.M. and Celestine P. for supporting and helping me in this project."

-Sugan Pandurengan,

II B.E-Mechatronics Engineering,
Batch :2017-2021

" Creativity and Imagination of human mind would always be superior to any computer"
                                 - Dr. A.P.J. Abdul kalam.



His video presentation :



3 comments:

Comments are welcome !